Sunday, April 12, 2009

Rainy days and Mondays

I'm feeling all smushy (I'm aware it's not a word. Use context clues, folks) this morning. Could be because I'm listening to The Carpenters, could be because I read blogs all night that were all sweet or just because this morning, I woke up super early, let the dogs out (I was housesitting), and just wanted to come home and be in my apartment.

So anyway, I don't know if it's because I'm feeling so smushy or because it's a holiday that I usually spend with a significant other and his family, but a vivid mental image came to me this morning while I was making breakfast (since I was up early enough to actually do so):


I'm doing dishes, or scrambling eggs or something standing next to a counter in the kitchen and he comes in. Clad in a white undershirt, blue boxers and black dress socks, he is totally adorable. He comes up behind me, puts his arms around me and just stands there with his chin on my shoulder while I do whatever it is I'm doing, and it is the most glorious thing ever.


This daydream has been around for a while (I'm talking years, here), and even though the "he" changes, the image itself only changes when I consciously will it to. It's more about the feeling of my charming and doofy man-person being both very sweet and completely ridiculous at the same time. So, in the vein of this delightful blogger:




Dear husband-to-be,


Please wear black socks and boxers in the mornings. It will never fail to make me smile.


Love,

your doting and affectionate wifey-to-be

0 comments: