Thursday, April 2, 2009

2 completely unrelated thoughts

Thought #1:

Eyes Made Ready is sounding sublime these days! For those of you who don't know, my Rümmi's brother is part of a band called Eyes Made Ready. Coincidentally, so is her boyfriend. He's the lead singer. So dreamy.... ;-) Anywho, I have been partaking of the fruits of their recording labors, and let me just say, they are delicious. Tasty, tasty labors to be feasted upon as loudly as can be personally tolerated. I'll check with them and see if they'd mind me linking their songs on this, my little corner of the internet. During the interim, I'll point you here to their Myspace page. The old recordings are good, but the newest ones I have been listening to are SO excellent. You'll love it.

**Edit: The new songs ARE on their Myspace page! Go and listen!!**

Thought #2:

What is wrong with people? I hear about the stupid crap that people do to each other and it just totally confuses me. I am speaking specifically of people who are "in a relationship" with each other. Even if it's not a "we are officially dating each other" kind of relationship, I just can't see how people who are supposed to care about each other are so dang hateful.

Example: Person A and Person B have been dating for a while; living together, I think. Person A is being very strongly considered for a job that will employ them for a good portion of the summer. Person B doesn't think it's a good idea and thinks their relationship won't survive the time apart. So what does Person B do? Person B BREAKS INTO PERSON A'S EMAIL and emails the company to tell them that "No, I won't be able to work for you this summer."

Who does that?!? I mean, trying to badger, guilt or manipulate your significant other into doing what you want them to is one thing (not good, mind you, but at least reasonably acceptable), but to email a prospective employer?! Am I just too nice that I would NEVER in a million, Brazillion years even THINK of that, let alone execute it?

Don't misunderstand me; I feel like I have a reasonable expectation for what a relationship should be able to take in the way of disagreement. As in, I wouldn't expect sunshine and sparkles and rainbows all the time, but seriously. Being nice. This seems like such a no brainer to me, I can't even think of anything else to say about it; in jest or otherwise.


Ok, people, let's get back to the good old days, shall we? Days when you do nice things for people you care about and think about what effects your idiot actions may have on people outside your own dumb self.


Photobucket
LIFE photo archive hosted by Google found here.

0 comments: