Thursday, March 19, 2009

Papers and music and work, oh my!

I was talking to somebody the other day and started thinking about what I have ahead of me in this damn degree as opposed to what I've already done. It's more than a little overwhelming. I mean, LOOK at that To Do list! And that's only the rest of this semester.

I'm generally unaccustomed to the way this is panning out. Why do they save the hardest crap for the very end? That's not how it's supposed to work! Every other schooling I've done has had the really hard part at between 70 and 85 percent and then the last 15 percent is coasting... this work really hard at the end part sucks.

I've sort of started to think about all of it and go, "How did I get myself into this?" At this point, I feel like I've been planning a wedding for a really long time and through the process, I have now started to question whether I wanted to marry the dude in the first place, but I'm so far in (with regard to deposits and venues and caterers and invites and dress....) that I might as well go through with it and hope that he turns out to be worth it when it's all over.


So, Mr. Graduate Degree, I really hope you're worth all the work I'm putting into this relationship, because right now, I'm all give give give and you're not doing just a whole lot for me. Here's to finishing what we've started together and staying through the tough times so we can go on our honeymoon!



Photobucket

1 comments:

Carolyn said...

that just might be the saddest picture ive ever seen in my life. i cried a little right then